Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Twin Revolutions of Lincoln and Darwin

I think it is kind of spooky how two men born on the same day and same year end up fighting for the same cause, but in a totally different way.
 Lincoln was trying to same the Nation that he so dearly love. And know in his heart that all men were created equality. He knew that slavery had to be abolished for the nation to move in to the future.
 Where as Darwin was exposed to slavery the during his time spent in South America. Being a scientist Darwin was able to prove that indeed all men were created equally and that we all should be treated as such.
Even in todays society there are still people that think these two men were wrong in their beliefs that all men are equal. I personally got death threat from my own relative for voting for Barack Obama.
  If these two men were alive today. I think they would still be fighting for the equal rights of all man kind, and I would be standing right along side them. 

2 comments: